DNA Day 2013 Materials
- Newborn Screening Card
- Family Health History Brochure
- Family Health History Poster
- What’s New in Newborn Screening Brochure
DNA Day 2012 Materials
- Baby’s First Test Poster
- Baby’s First Test Pamphlet
- Baby’s First Test Pamphlet Spanish
- Baby’s First Test Poster Spanish
- Family Health History Poster
- Family Health History Pamphlet
- Baby’s First Test
- How to record your family health history
- A Guide to Genetic Counseling
- Create a Family Health History
Resources for Students
- National Student Essay Contest sponsored by the American Society of Human Genetics - Read more
- National Human Genome Research Institute: DNA Day
Go to this website to learn about 2012 DNA day activities nationwide.
- Learn Genetics. The University of Utah.
This website has a lot of information but try starting with the “Where to Begin” section of the page.
Resources for Teachers
- Genetic Education Center – University of Kansas Medical Center
This site is for educators interested in human genetics and the human genome project. It includes lesson plans, glossaries and program activities.
- Genetic Science Learning Center – University of Utah
In the upper right hand corner there is a tab to click on for Teacher and Resources and Lesson Plans
- National Human Genome Research Institute –educational resources
This website has videos, presentations, online educational modules, and many other useful tools.
- National Institute of Health – Teacher’s Guide
The Teacher’s Guide includes an introduction to the module, understanding human genetic variation, implementing the module, manual for student activities, and additional resources.
Genetics and Genomics
- Genetic Alliance
This site allows you to search for genetics information by disease and to gather information about resources and advocacy.
- Understanding Genetics: A guide for Patients and Professionals
This comprehensive manual provides a wealth of genetics education materials for patients and health professionals to increase awareness of specialty care in genetics.
- National DNA Day- National Human Genomic Research Institute
This website has information about national DNA Day and the activities related to this annual event.
- American College of Medical Genetics
The American College of Medical Genetics website provides education, resources and a voice for the medical genetics profession.
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
This a genetic counseling website with information about the profession, and its guiding principles. Read about the mission and vision, meet the officers, and learn about where they stand on issues in genetics today.
- U.S. Surgeon General’s Family Health History Initiative
Learn about the Department of Health and Human Services and Surgeon General’s Family History Initiative.
Genetic Disorder Resources
- March of Dimes-Newborn Screening Tests and Disorders
This webpage discusses newborn screenings and the 29 disorders for which treatment is available.
- National Library of Medicine: Genetic Disorders
This website is a good place to start when looking for information about genetic disorders. It has everything from a general overview to specific conditions and disease management.
- New York Online Access to Health
This bilingual site offers quality consumer health information.
Breast Cancer Information